First and foremost, sign up to the newsletter for all of the updates as this contest progresses.
Here’s what the “Way Too Sexy” Contest is all about.
last year, no doubt, “Way Too Sexy” had dominated the airwaves. I personally enjoyed the song quite a bit. Now… I want to hear other versions and this is where you come into the picture. The contest is simple and it will kick off on 08/01/2022. You will have the entire month of August to record your version/cover of this song. You may submit your cover prior to 09/01/2022 but the official review phase will begin on 09/01/2022 where I will listen to and review the individual covers while recording for upload to YouTube.
This next portion gets a little tricky because I have no way of knowing how many submissions there will be however, no submissions AFTER 09/07/2022 will be accepted into this contest. That’s it, you have a full month to record and submit and 1 week extra to submit. This will be on a first come first served basis… I will be checking the dates of the emails. If your email comes through on 09/08/2022… tough luck unfortunately.
Voting will take place through the entire month of September and voting will cease on 09/30/2022. The winner will be announced within 2-3 days of voting closing as the hosting may need time to update the tally on the voting.
What’s the incentive to do this?
The answer to that is simple: Recognition and prizes!
What prizes you ask?
- $300 in advertising credit to your song which will be uploaded to the Underground Sound channel. That’s $10 in advertising per day for a full 30 days.
- The “Way Too Sexy” Musicians package that consists of a Shure SM27 Condensor Microphone and a Behringer QX1832 Mixer with USB and effects.
The text that appears in blue or bold, you can click on to see what those “Way Too Sexy” pieces of equipment look like.
This contest is open worldwide!!! However – If you live in a country where you have to pay VAT tax on items coming in, you will be responsible for paying those yourself at that specific point of entry with your customs officials.
For the reasons that you would expect, Myself (DJ X TECH), Carlos Fandango and Rookie Rogers are automatically excluded from this contest. While we may upload our own versions for viewing/listening, we will concede to the next following highest vote in the event that one of us have the higher vote.
- On the official song there are 3 artists involved. You may, yourself sing all of these segments. I’m not looking for you to hire 2 extra acts to get this done. If you do have extra people, thats fine but, you alone will be fine too.
- All of the original lyrics must be used. Feel free to replace any words deemed offensive or racist with words of your choice. You can FIND THE LYRICS HERE — You do not have to do the little commercial thing they have going in the middle of the video.
- Be original and creative. Don’t basically just copy the entire style. Want to sing this like Pink Floyd? Eminem? The Beatles? Dire Straits? Nirvana? RHCP? – Get creative with this, the more creative the better.
- The version you send to me CAN NOT be uploaded to your distribution company prior to this contest being closed. After it is done, feel free to upload it to your distribution company afterwards as a cover and enjoy your royalties. If you do upload and distribute before this contest is over, you will be disqualified and the prize will go to whomever would have been the runner-up — believe me, YouTube will tell me if it is or not… I get that notice with every single video I upload.
- For this contest to go into full effect, there will need to be at least 10 submissions. I will promote this the best way I possibly can but, sorry, there cannot be a prize package worth nearly $1000 with only one submission.
- Your version will temporarily become the property of Pulse Media LLC. During the contest you are giving me full rights to promote your submission the way I see fit. When the contest is over and the winner announced, you are free to do with your version as you see fit but, for legal reasons, Pulse Media LLC must be the owner of the material in the interim. Any questions on this, please feel free to ask via email to: email@example.com
- As mentioned previously, YOU are responsible for whatever VAT taxes your country may impose on the import of these prizes. If you are within the United States, you don’t need to worry about VAT because that does not apply here.
- A music video is not required but… If you feel like recording one, I’m not going to stop you. I can only imagine the creativity and humor that would go into a music video sung Johnny Cash style of this song so… If you want to record one to upload to the channel, by all means, feel free.
- File must be submitted in either WAV or MP3 format. 128kbps or better. Make it sound nice huh?
Other than that folks, have a good time with this. If you feel I am missing some piece of information from here that should be here, please, let me know. I’m looking forward to all of the great things to come with this contest. If this one works out well, we will have further ones. My main goal is always to expose the indie artists that are out there so once again… Best thing to do is to be you!!!
Much love and respect. – DJ X TECH
Original “Way Too Sexy” Video –